Direct link to latest edition of Pool 32 Mag - click on this image

What is Pool 32 Mag all about ?

Pool 32 Mag is a new fly fishing e-magazine for everyone who loves fly fishing, and wish to follow environmental issues as well.

The best part is that it's a totally FREE e-mag and it can be downloaded by anyone, anywhere on the planet.

Check it out, sign up or send it on to a friend who is just as crazy about fly fishing as we are.


If you chose to scroll further down you will find the Pool 32 Blog

"our cyber world of fishy stuff".


We HATE spam mails, so we will of course

handle your mail info's according to our very strict privacy policy.


Copyright © Mark Wengler

No photo reproduction of any kind without prior written


"Fly fishing isn't just a sport - it's a state of mind!!"

Check out earlier issues of Pol 32 mag


January 17, 2010

Austria - Fly fishing in a postcard!!

















I've been to Austria a couple of times now, with lot's great memories - but especially a trip with my good fly fishing friend Svend Erik, who by the way taught me to enjoy the great pleasures of fly fishing. I might add that Svend Erik is a hardcore Hardy fan, to a degree that even his dog is named Hardy!! - I love it :O)
The drive from Denmark is 16 hours, and we stayed in a small town called Lienz, at the Best Western Hotel. A hotel I can highly recommend, not only because of the very nice fishing beats, the have the rights for, but also for a sublime atmosphere at the hotel. Friendliness and very good Austrian service comes natural from all of the staff.
At this nice hotel we meet an english couple - Fiona and Clive. It soon came to our attention, that Clive was an excellent fly fisher, who taught us a lot of finesse and precession. Fiona joined us trough everything, but she were also a brilliant fly fisher - lucky Clive !!!
Besides that we had a splendid time together - what more can life provide!! :O)

We fished for a week, and I could write manny great things from this trip, but it would simply be too much writing. One little story though, I will give you dear reader.

We had been fishing in one crystal clear pool after an other, and I didn't have much luck that day. You know, clumsy presentations, making too much noise, catching trees and losing fly's all over. Then we came to a beautiful pool, and instantly I caught a glimpse of a huge Grayling, behind a little rock. Like the rest of my day, I didn't succeed in anything, but scarring this beautiful fish. Then Svend Erik came up to me and asked if he could give it a try, I shook my head and proclaimed that this fish was impossible to catch.
That didn't have any effect on Svend Erik - he watched it for a while, and then he made a very precise cast - and caught it!!!! - and it still gives me nightmares :O)!!
Life isn't always easy, as you know - especially as a fly fisher!!
The huge Grayling came with us home to the hotel, were they very kindly prepared it for dinner - a 65 cm long beautiful female made an exquisite dinner.
That were, by the way, the only fish we took with us home - the two of us caught over 400 Graylings, Rainbows and Brownies in one week, most of them on dry flies - pure purse fishing all week!!.
So if you ask me if I am going back to Austria again some day - I can only say - SURE!!! - and I don't think it will be difficult to persuade Svend Erik to join me again :O)


Tight lines out there
.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ )><((((º>



No comments:

Post a Comment