Direct link to latest edition of Pool 32 Mag - click on this image

What is Pool 32 Mag all about ?

Pool 32 Mag is a new fly fishing e-magazine for everyone who loves fly fishing, and wish to follow environmental issues as well.

The best part is that it's a totally FREE e-mag and it can be downloaded by anyone, anywhere on the planet.

Check it out, sign up or send it on to a friend who is just as crazy about fly fishing as we are.


If you chose to scroll further down you will find the Pool 32 Blog

"our cyber world of fishy stuff".


We HATE spam mails, so we will of course

handle your mail info's according to our very strict privacy policy.


Copyright © Mark Wengler

No photo reproduction of any kind without prior written


"Fly fishing isn't just a sport - it's a state of mind!!"

Check out earlier issues of Pol 32 mag


June 22, 2011

Mail from Alex Morton

Hello

I am deep in research preparing for the late August aquaculture hearings by the Cohen Commission.  While I cannot speak about those findings, because confidentiality is required to have access to the Cohen documents, much of my research has taken me into the public realm.

In the first years of the salmon feedlot occupation of the waters around my home in Echo Bay I was angry at how my neighbours and the wildlife were treated.  Then I learned to take a deep breath and take a more good-natured long-haul approach.

These past few weeks I have taken a close look at the regulatory structure built to contain salmon feedlots in BC and now I am angry again.  The very highest levels of government have "assured" me and others that there were mechanisms in place to protect our coast from the most dangerous farm salmon virus traveling around the world with Atlantic salmon feedlots.  But when I really looked at the regulations I found that at every location where they could have caught ISAv there was a gaping hole.... except where trade sanctions loomed, then the proper documentation surfaces.

All the time a Minister, Member of Parliament, Direct General of Science, and Director of Aquaculture were assuring us our salmon were protected there was in fact not one single regulation or even guideline that could find.

I have explained in my blog:

http://alexandramorton.typepad.com/ 

I don't know how much anyone really cares about wild salmon, it is hard to tell at times, but we have been played for fools. This is so unnecessary, there are no losers in a world of contained aquaculture and vibrant, productive oceans. 

If you care to know read my blog and consider the action I suggest.

Alexandra Morton


PS. make sure to visit Alex's blog - SO MUCH interesting stuff to read, and this fantastic woman does an amazing job protecting and fighting for wild salmon stock - she has my deepest respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment