Direct link to latest edition of Pool 32 Mag - click on this image

What is Pool 32 Mag all about ?

Pool 32 Mag is a new fly fishing e-magazine for everyone who loves fly fishing, and wish to follow environmental issues as well.

The best part is that it's a totally FREE e-mag and it can be downloaded by anyone, anywhere on the planet.

Check it out, sign up or send it on to a friend who is just as crazy about fly fishing as we are.


If you chose to scroll further down you will find the Pool 32 Blog

"our cyber world of fishy stuff".


We HATE spam mails, so we will of course

handle your mail info's according to our very strict privacy policy.


Copyright © Mark Wengler

No photo reproduction of any kind without prior written


"Fly fishing isn't just a sport - it's a state of mind!!"

Check out earlier issues of Pol 32 mag


November 9, 2010

French Nymph techniques


FlyFishingPoint offers a great variety of information, here is an example of how to learn about the French nymph technique. But you can find a lot of other interesting stuff on this fabulous website.

(PS. If you want to read the whole article then use this link:  French Nymph )



A bit of introduction

On my fly-fishing journey, there have been a few milestones that resulted in raising my nymph fishing abilities to the next level. The first happened long ago on the Strela River, when I realized that I had left my fly rod at home and tried fly fishing with my friend's jigging rod. That was my first practical experience fishing the short nymph (since nothing else was possible with that set-up). The second experience was with the discovery of jig flies, when Jiri Klima demonstrated their killer effectiveness to me while fishing together in England - thanks to him I managed to catch nice brookies out of deep and fast currents where I previously wouldn't even have seen a fish. The third milestone came when I saw the small flies with tungsten heads being fished by Dan Svrcek, who at that time had caught many times more fish than I, in part due to these small but heavy patterns. The latest nymphing moment which brought me to the next level was my introduction to the secrets of fishing with the long French leader. There is a lot of talk about French nymphing these days, but it still not considered a standard fly fishing technique like the already classic Czech nymphing. In these few lines here, we'll take a closer look at this method of fishing with the French leader....... read it all here

No comments:

Post a Comment